Here is the recipe for beans parantha (indian flat bread stuffed with beans). This recipe is adapted from my other blog - GFCF Rasoi.
1 cup Sorghum Flour
3/4 cup Cooked Beans
1 tbsp Garlic-Ginger-Onion paste
1 tsp dry Mango Powder
Salt for taste
1 tsp oil for cooking
- Mix all the ingredients except oil. Knead the dough until it is smooth. Add some water if needed.
- Divide the dough into 4 balls.
- Take one ball and place the ball into 2 plastic sheets. Roll it by rolling pin like chapati.
- Heat the tawa and cook it until both sides are brown.
- Serve warm with any curry, pickle or curd.
Note: You can use any dry beans (chickpea, kidney beans, black beans, etc...), I used black eyed peas (Lobia). To cook, first you need to soak the beans for about 8 hours. Then cook the beans in the cooker or pan as you cook normally. For saving the nutrients, use the same water you have soaked the beans in. After cooking, strain the extra water and use beans for making dough. You can mash the beans or blend them in the blender. If needed, you can use same water for adding in dough.
Black-eyed peas (Lobia) are an excellent source of calcium (211 mg in a 1 cup serving), folate (209mcg), and vitamin A (1,305 IU), among other nutrients.