Friday, January 18, 2013

Carrot & Cabbage Soup

I like to drink soups, but I rarely cook soups. Today, I was planning for the dinner and I found cabbage in my refrigerator. I thought I should cook soup, but I had never cooked cabbage soup. And top of it, I had never tasted it anywhere. So, I searched the recipe on the internet. I got so many recipes with so many ingredients. I was totally confused.

After so much brainstorming, I planned to cook the soup in traditional way. I didn't expect that soup will be so yummy. I tasted the soup, I liked the soup but I was not sure whether my husband will like it. But, he also liked it. I am very glad to share my recipe with my blog readers -

Ingredients :
1 Onion
3-4 Garlic Cloves
1 small Cabbage
3-4 Carrots
1 tbsp Oil
1/2 tsp Black Pepper Powder
Salt according to taste
Water


Method :

  1. Chop the onion, garlic, cabbage and carrots finely.
  2. Heat oil in wide pan and add onion and garlic.
  3. When onion becomes little transparent, stir in cabbage and carrots.
  4. Stir fry the vegetables till they are soft and tender. Let it cool down.
  5. Blend the vegetables into blender. (If you like vegetable pieces in the soup, you can skip blending. I did it as my kids won't like big pieces.)
  6. Transfer the vegetables into a pan and put the water enough for required thickness. Put Salt and Black Pepper Powder into it according to the taste. Cook it for 10 minutes. Serve it immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment