Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Pink Pancakes

My kids love sweet pancakes. So, I keep trying to make pancakes with added nutrition and flavors. I decided that this time I will change color of the pancakes. When my son saw the pancakes, his reaction was - "pink pancakes?? What??" When they ate it, they liked the pancakes. When I asked my younger one - "What color pancakes you want next time?" He said - "Blue!!"
 
Pink Pancake (Beetroot Pancake)
 
Ingredients:
 
1 cup Brown Rice Flour
1 Egg
1/4 cup Beetroot Puree (See Notes Below)
1 tsp Flaxseed Meal
1 cup Almond Milk
1 tbsp Honey
 
Method: 
  1. In one medium sized bowl, beat the egg. Mix beetroot puree and milk in it.
  2. Add rice flour, flaxseed meal and honey to the mix and make it a smooth batter.
  3. Add more milk or more rice flour to make batter thick enough to make pancakes. Put the batter aside for 15 minutes.
  4. Heat the non-stick pan and spread pancake batter on the pan. Put a little oil and cook the pancake both sides.
  5. Serve hot with honey or jam.
Notes - To make beetroot puree, I chopped beetroot in very small pieces and steamed it for 10 minutes. When it is soft, I blend all pieces in blender to make puree.

No comments:

Post a Comment